The #EyeCareEveryWhere Photo Competition is now closed. Thank you to all the participants for making it a huge success.
The winners will be announced on 15th October 2018 and winners contacted by email.
Children playing with a ball, Egypt – Ahmed Emad
from the #MakeVisionCount Photo Competition
Submission are invited in two categories. You decide which category for each submission (multiple submissions are welcome)
adjective pro·fes·sion·al \prə-ˈfesh-nəl, -ˈfe-shə-nəl\
: relating to a job that requires special education, training, or skill
: done or given by a person who works in a particular profession
: paid to participate in a sport or activity
noun am·a·teur \ˈa-mə-(ˌ)tər, -ˌtu̇r, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌchu̇r, -chər\
: a person who does something (such as a sport or hobby) for pleasure and not as a job
Winners will be announced on 15th October 2018 and contacted by mail following the announcement on the IAPB website.
Cash prize of USD 1000
Canon 1200 D DSLR camera
the #EyeCareEverywhere Photo Competition
The #EyeCareEverywhere Photo Competition, is the fourth photo competition organised for World Sight Day. The competition is open to Professional and Amateur photographers and is organised by IAPB.
Send us your photos with the theme #EyeCareEverywhere before 11th October 2018.
run a photo competition
for World Sight Day?
As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. This competition can be a great opportunity to highlight eye health successes and also document unmet need.
The World Health Organization’s Global Action Plan (GAP) aims to ensure “universal eye health” coverage, especially to those who are vulnerable and most in need. While there is a lot more to be done, the eye health sector has been working to ensure that good quality eye care reaches the most under-served populations.
The International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) is an alliance of civil society organisations, corporates and professional bodies promoting eye health through advocacy, knowledge and partnerships.
Together, we can work towards building support for blindness prevention and to ensure universal eye health.
Bayer: Science For A Better Life
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, the Group aims to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power. Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development and to its social and ethical responsibilities as a corporate citizen.
terms and conditions
- IAPB reserves the right to change the terms of the competition.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, You grant IAPB:
- Permission for your entry to be published on IAPB websites including but not limited to iapb.org and IAPB social media sites and you grant IAPB a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions (including as described under ‘Prizes’ paragraph above);
- The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
- Prizes will be given to one person only, and not to organisations or groups of people.
- Submissions must be made by respondents over the age of 18 (Eighteen). Those under 18, must have the permission of their parent/guardian. The Professional prize is not open to respondents under 18.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition you confirm that you own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
- Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties.
- If IAPB has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then IAPB may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- Entrants also confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.